This position reports to the Department of Academic Finance and Administration (AFA), providing standardized financial analysis and services to senior management. The position will be primarily responsible for the Dean of the Faculty (DOF) budget, projections and reporting. This position plays a significant role in budgeting and analysis of individual academic unitsâ?? budgets, faculty salaries, start-up and faculty research commitments, and provides financial support to faculty and administration. The incumbent will serve as the financial lead on DoF data reporting and analyses to process large amounts of data for dynamic and meaningful reports and presentation.
The Financial Analyst will serve as a DoF subject matter expert for financial business processes, including the annual year end close process with department reserve balance calculations as well as analysis of financial reserves. The incumbent is a fiscal liaison to the Dean of the Faculty and Senior Associate Dean of the Faculty, the Director of Faculty Administration and individual academic units, providing guidance and resolution for financial transactions and procedural issues, insight into budget implications of faculty hires, continuing faculty, and departures as well as managing the non-regular faculty temporary teaching budget.
- Bachelorâ??s degree required and 5 to 7 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Masterâ??s degree preferred.
- Relevant and significant experience with accounting and financial data analysis including development of reports.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to identify and collect a variety of inter-related information from multiple sources. Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of data and to solve problems when limited data is available.
- Outstanding organizational, time-management, problem-solving and strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Attention to detail critical and accuracy-focused required. Proactive with effective follow up skills.
- Excellent technical skills with MS Excel including advanced functionality in the form of charts and pivot tables.
- Experience in higher education or non-profit preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as a productive member of a team.
- Strong commitment to supporting the University's goal of cultivating a diverse and inclusive community.
Background check - Criminal/Educational
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-28-07:00
Job Posting Title:Financial Analyst
Department:Academic Finance and Administration
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.