NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager-Patient Experience.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring staff understand and are engaged in being a patient-centered organization, understand the fundamentals of Patient Experience and our Perfect Experience. Every Patient. Every Time. philosophy and in driving towards a One NYU Langone culture through communication and education programs. This position will oversee the implementation of system-wide patient experience education programs in support of the vision and key strategic initiatives of the Patient Experience Department across a variety of education and communications methods.
- Spearheads the development of patient experience education goals that align with the organization and the Patient Experience Departments vision, philosophy and strategic direction.
- Direct communication and education projects for performance improvement initiatives targeting patient satisfaction and staff engagement.
- Work collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical leadership to identify education and communication needs to facilitate change and performance improvement
- Collaborate with team members to identify patient needs and develop forward-thinking ideas to engage patients.
- Standardize patient communication by overseeing patient engagement projects.
- Increase department visibility by designing and rolling out staff-facing resources to deepen recognition of patient needs and voice.
- Model and inspire others to live out the perfect experience principles.
- Contribute to the development and achievement of department goals and objectives that are consistent with the Medical Center's mission and vision.
- Evaluates the performance of education and communication projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Masters degree in healthcare or related field with at least 5 years of experience in an educator/coach position. Deep understanding of adult learning needs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, organization and planning skills. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Understanding of health literacy and plain language principles.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.