NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing broad range of complex program coordination, the development, promotion, direction and coordination of assigned programs, including program design, budget, staffing, logistics, and other supportive functions and will develop and implement new research strategies for specific projects. This candidate will facilitate the administration of departmental activities (recruiting and on boarding process, following up with study/program participants, submitting IRB/OCT papers if applicable, developing annual program budget, scheduling meetings, planning, organizing and coordinating seminars, training and other related activities) for a program leader or department. This position works autonomously and with limited oversight.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Project/Program coordination Uses judgment to provide coordination for program activities to a program leader, department or organizational unit in the planning, preparation, organization, analyses, coordination and delivering of projects and programs while working with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude major programs. Coordinates/Communicates program activities with concerned parties including vendors and users. Develops, prepares and revises training materials, develops educational curriculum, database management and ensures satisfaction of end users through surveys and other measurement tools. Coordinates special technical trainings relative to program (e.g., statistical software).
- Prepares and issues reports within established procedures. Analyses findings/data and presents recommendations. Prepares and review documents independently and generates status/progress reports for ongoing and pending program related projects. Plans, arranges, outlines and drafts letters, memos, agendas presentations and reports. May oversee staff assigned to this responsibility.
- Identifies, collects, and compiles institutional data related to CTSI initiatives and goals; Assists in the collection of new data relevant to CTSI initiatives and goals (e.g. helping to design, field, and analyze the data from surveys, questionnaires, etc.); Creating, updating, and maintaining the dashboard for monitoring and evaluating CTSI progress towards goals; Produces period reports summarizing metrics and available data on CTSI progress and presenting to CTSI Administration; Working with CTSI Program Directors to ensure appropriate and timely collection of Metrics, data tracking activities, processes and outcomes; Building and maintaining a query-able database related to the above duties; Along with Informatics Manager, providing technical assistance to CTSI Program Directors and staff in accessing and interfacing with institutional data sources and warehouses, making use of new software systems (research management, billing, etc.); Creating, updating, and maintaining databases of CTSI members, affiliates, listservs, etc. Assisting in the development and use of tracking systems for monitoring CTSI activities and outcomes.
- Facilitates the smooth operation of all day-to-day activities of the program; Lead the development, implementation and management of current and new programs and/or program components within CRC; Manages the marketing and recruitment activities; Advises, assists trainees, faculty members, and staff with training program procedures, processes; Monitor and evaluate programs/projects and makes recommendations for improvement; Supervises the Program Associate in the detailed operation of all CRC program activities.
- Participates in the development and administration of program budget. Responsible for the budget management and resources allocation and assist the department with following up accounts payable/receivable accounts. Reviews workflow and recommend improvement if applicable to ensure appropriate cycle times and efficiency.
- Gathers, collects data from different parties, ensures accuracy and analyzes findings and presents recommendations as applicable. Responds to requests for information, summaries, and data based on information compiled from various sources. Plans, develops materials and presentations for training and educational sessions, departmental seminars and other activities.
- Might recruit and train clerical and administrative staff, volunteers for the program and ensures all office policies and procedures are being implemented. Might require nation wide recruitment for study participants, phone screening, data collection and records keeping.
- Organizes and coordinates schedules, activities and special events. Coordinates conference preparation activities (checking and coordinating the logistics and technical support, ordering food,) and other related activities. May oversee staff assigned to this responsibility.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in business administration, health care administration or related field.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible related experience including program/project coordination or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- Familiar with Internet applications.
- Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to multi task and project manage.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.