NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and supporting administrative activities for the Division of Comparative Effectiveness and Decision Science (CEDS), as well as supporting the Division Director.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain divisional records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office. Assists in tracking faculty presentations and mentorship activities.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the Division, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Manages the expenses related to the division and follows finance and accounts payable process for reimbursement, pcard reconciliation and other related financial matters.
- Filing/Mail Distribution - Develops filing systems, internal mailing processes and procedures.
- Maintains schedules/calendars, screens and handles telephone communications; evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required, including identifying needed resources and arranging for required support (i.e. Technical, Finance, A/V, etc) for meetings and events.
- Supports the Division Director in problem solving and project planning/coordination to ensure efficient service. Assists in the development and execution of stated goals and objectives, and serves as a primary point of contact for all administrative issues affecting the division, other NYU affiliates and external institutions and agencies.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of all division operations including but not limited to supply/inventory/equipment management, payroll, and scheduling. Develops procedures and systems which ensure productive and efficient administrative operations. Maintains employee orientation handbook to ensure procedures and systems are distributed to new faculty and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Assists with pre-award application process and coordination as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree and/or 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This must include experience with overseeing office activities and working in a multi-faceted area.
- The successful candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of standard office software is essential, including proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software (e.g., Microsoft Office, preferred).
- Ability to multi-task and/or coordinate multiple assignments is required.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures, and effectively communicate detailed information to a diverse population, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills is required.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience.
- Previous experience administering office operations in a healthcare setting preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.