NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager-Financial Planning.
In this role, the Manager of Financial Planning will work with the Assistant Director of Financial Planning in order to ensure that the planning and forecasting responsibilities of the Institution are met. In addition the Manager must supervise Financial Analyst activity and/or assist Finance Management in carrying out tasks.
- Work with other managers, directors and storefronts across Finance and the Hospital, School of Medicine and Health System to ensure forecast is updated accurately and timely.
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of the Hyperion Planning / Essbase / Strategic Finance tools and forecast applications.
- Understands financial planning technologies and methodologies. Possesses an overall understanding of complex financial models. Performs scenario and sensitivity analysis on planning assumptions.
- Incorporate new business lines and programs into multi-year plan and assesses/advises on the impact of those initiatives on the financial plan.
- Work with Storefronts, Decision Support Systems team and senior hospital leadership to develop / update volume and utilization projections in forecast which addresses demographic shift, and market share factors.
- Responsible for research and development of industry, economic and demographic assumptions that will need to be incorporated into Health System modeling.
- Development of, and continued responsibility for, Quarterly Rolling Forecast process for the Hospital, School of Medicine and affiliates.
- Understands and incorporates the impacts of managed care contracting and government reimbursement activities into the financial plan.
- Development and maintenance of finance planning templates for service lines, missions and any new programs.
- Develops financial and statistical models and ensures data integrity regarding the collection and analysis of financial and statistical information in support of the multi-year plan.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on all forecast assumptions.
- Develop business plans related to new programs, initiatives and support analyses related to CON projects.
- Ensure G/L and EPSi DSS data are loaded accurately in Hyperion / Essbase financial planning software tool.
- Work with Decision Support Systems to leverage their input for optimal use of EPSi data within the forecasting tool.
- Work with the Strategy and Business Development group to assess impact of potential partnerships, mergers, acquisitions and joint venture opportunities.
- Assist in the integration of Long Range Financial Plan, Rolling Forecast and Operating Budget. Development of targets which are incorporated into and used to guide the Operating Budget process for the Hospital, School of Medicine and Health System.
- Incorporate new technologies, systems and processes to improve the daily operation of the department.
- Assist with supervising and training staff position(s) within the Financial Planning department.
- Special projects, reports and ad hoc analyses as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree with a major in a business subject (e.g. accounting, finance, economics) and at least 8 years of related experience, with at least 4 years of experience with Financial Planning.
- Experience with Financial Planning software is required. A graduate in finance or public administration is preferred.
- Other minimum qualifications include: excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills, and a comprehensive knowledge all applications within Microsoft Office.
- A graduate degree in business or public administration is preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.