Job Code: 00323-16769
Nights (rotating weekends)
The Assistant Nurse Manager provides leadership through collaboration with the Nursing Manager of the Department in planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the care provided for patients in the unit.
Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management, and operational functions.
The Assistant Nurse manager contributes to strategic planning and program development and
maintains 24-hour accountability.
The Assistant Nurse manager performs delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- Maintains current professional knowledge, acts as a role model/resource and oversees direct nursing care to patients
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines
- Assists with assessment and evaluation of staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel, according to patient acuity levels
- Assists with assessment and evaluation of staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel, according to patient acuity levels.
- Assists in investigations, documentation, and resolution of complaints or incidents concerning patients, visitors, physicians and staff
- Participates in, and enforces hospital life-safety, quality, and risk management policies, procedures, and standards of regulatory agencies
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals and objectives for the department
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, orientation and evaluation of staff performance
- Maintains all department records and certifications, as required
Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Nurse (RN)
Current Basic Life support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) verification course, as specified in policy
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Associate Degree in Nursing
BSN highly preferred
Minimum 2 years RN experience in Peds/PICU required
Supervisory experience highly preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to utilize nursing process in the provision of nursing
- care including, but not limited to, administering treatments
- and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a
- plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers
- and providing education to patients and/or significant others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Possess personal computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 02/16/2017
Apply for this job