Located in the scenic, historic and charming Southwest Colorado town of Durango, Mercy Regional Medical Center (MRMC) is a full-service, acute care hospital with Level III Trauma designation. Recognized by Healthgrades (a leading, independent health care ratings company) with awards for Outstanding Patient Experience and Patient Safety Excellence, as well as an “A” Hospital Safety rating from The LeapFrog Group, Mercy Regional Medical Center blends state-of-the-art technology with a serene and comfortable environment to promote well-being and healing. Specialty services include emergency care, surgical care, cardiac care, an Orthopedic and Spine Center of Excellence and a Family Birthing Center equipped with every amenity and a dedicated surgical suite. Durango residents experience an exceptional quality life with world-class outdoor recreation including snow sports, river sports, hiking, biking and more. Learn more about us at: http://www.mercydurango.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 104782
Recruiter Contact: Alison Williams, AlisonWilliams@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 8561 MRMC SECURITY
Hospital: MERCY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Schedule: Full Time
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures locks and unlocks doors, assists in the Emergency Department, remains alert for fire and safety hazards, controls access into the facility, responds to all emergency codes and helps enforce hospital policies. Performs similar duties to provide a safe and secure hospital environment for patients, employees, and visitors. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School degree required
• Associates Degree or equivalency in Criminal Justice or related field preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Current valid Colorado Driver’s License
• Familiar with Life Safety Codes and Joint Commission Environment of Care Compliance Regulations
• Preferred: 2 years security related experience in a healthcare setting or related field
• American Heart Association BLS required within 90 day orientation period
• Essentials of Aggression Management in Healthcare certified within six months
• PPCT-DT, RIPP Restraint certified within one year
• CIT certified within two years
Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.