| The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology. |
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers.
We are looking for an energetic customer focused individual to join our Technology team at Macquarie's Singapore office. This customer facing role requires a mix of both Helpdesk and Desktop Support skills. The successful candidate will be providing support to both Front Office (Securities Trade Floor and Investment Banking) and Back Office businesses.
As a first point of contact for all staff with a query around Technology within Macquarie, you will have immediate impact on the service to the business and be the face of technology. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, are able to think on your feet, have a flexible and easy-going manner, the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
As a customer facing team we are motivated to continually improve our services and are passionate about creating an outstanding customer experience.
Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional customer service to the business, ongoing training for this will be provided.
- Communicating with colleagues and customers in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Upholding the service standards and expectations of the team, ensuring that the team goals are met.
- Understanding the business processes and priorities, training for this will be provided.
- Ownership of technology problems or requests until resolved, collaborating with offshore support teams, and ensuring customers and stakeholders are updated.
- Liaising with external vendors for support or maintenance work (e.g. Bloomberg, BT, SingTel).
- Ability to perform basic data centre and communications room tasks / support.
- After hours / weekend support may be required, could include supporting BCP events, Power Downs, major projects etc.
- Remote support of regional offices may be required from time to time.
Successful applicants will have the following experience and skills:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Aptitude to use initiative and a pro-activeness to deliver to business outcomes
- Aptitude in technology including hardware and software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies (Windows 7, Office 2013 / Office 365, Active Directory)
- Familiarity with iPhone and iPad clients, Android, and management software (Airwatch, GOOD)
- Basic understanding of Market Data applications, such Bloomberg, Reuters, EBS
It is desirable for you to have:
- Completed external study in a PC/IT related course
- Experience working within financial services sector, desirable but not essential
- ITIL certified or at least working knowledge
- Remedy ITSM experience
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 09 May 2017 Singapore Standard Time