| Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit. |
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers.
Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) is involved in a broad range of sales and trading activities across various financial instruments and physical commodities. CGM transacts in various over-the-counter derivatives, exchange traded products, loans and capital raisings across a broad range of products including foreign exchange, equities, agricultural commodities, metals and energy products. In Asia, CGM (Commodities and Fixed Income) has trading, sales, research and financing capabilities covering:
- Commodities - metals, energy, agriculture, freight and bulk.
- Futures - execution and clearing of futures contracts across exchanges globally.
- Fixed Income & Currencies - foreign exchange and interest rates products.
- Structured Global Markets - trade financing solutions, principle investments, and investor solutions.
Singapore acts as the Asia hub for CGM's Commodities and Fixed Income businesses, and is a critical location for originating and execution of transactions. The Global Head of Business is based here further emphasized the importance of Singapore as an operating location for the business. Besides Singapore, CGM in Asia currently has presence in Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Japan, India and Indonesia, and we expect the business footprint in this region to grow over time.
With the expansion of Macquarie's CGM business in Singapore and the broader Asia region, we are looking to recruit an experienced CGM Compliance professional to be based in Singapore to manage the compliance and regulatory risks associated with the highly dynamic regulatory environment that the CGM business operates in. Key focuses will be in the futures brokerage and commodities businesses where significant growth are planned.
The role has a primary reporting line to the Regional CGM Compliance Lead for Commodities and Fixed Income who is based in Singapore. Whilst this role primarily focuses on CGM's business activities conducted out of Singapore, you would have opportunities to be involved in the review of business initiatives in other locations in Asia, as well as to drive various Compliance objectives in the region.
As a senior CGM Compliance staff , you will consult with and advise key stakeholders (including global and regional business management) within CGM in Singapore to ensure Macquarie continues to meet the obligations within its regulatory and compliance framework. An experienced compliance practitioner, your ability to engage, consult with and influence stakeholders will be critical to your success. Working closely with the broader Compliance Asia and RMG teams and functions as appropriate.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Provide compliance support to various CGM desks and businesses in Asia, focusing on Futures and Commodities product.
- Assist with regulatory and compliance issues relating to CGM business activities;
- Work on the compliance review of new transactions and new products;
- Involve in the development and maintenance of compliance plans, related policies and procedures and monitor compliance with these policies;
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory compliance reports as required per the compliance plans and governance framework;
- Conduct ongoing risk assessment on the business and ensure adequate controls are established;
- Oversee the monitoring, reporting and escalation of compliance issues;
- Keep abreast of upcoming, new and revised rules, regulations and directives applicable to the business, and facilitate changes as required. This includes proactive and early communication with business and compliance stakeholders to ensure timely compliance with any changes required;
- Assist senior management with the delivery of key divisional projects as required; and
- Liaise with compliance colleagues to assist with the delivery of the regional and global compliance priorities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Finance, Law or another related discipline;
- Demonstrable relevant business compliance experience in futures brokerage and/or commodities business, of at least 6 years with regulators (MAS or SGX), financial institutions, and/or commodities trading firms;
- Compliance experience in futures brokerage and/or physical commodities businesses;
- Knowledge of the relevant OTC regulatory reforms such as Singapore's, Dodd Frank and EMIR regulatory requirements;
- Some experience dealing with Asian regulators such as the Monetary Authority of Singapore and relevant industry bodies;
- Ability to take a pragmatic commercial approach to compliance, with an interest in working closely with the business, whilst achieving the desired outcome;
- Strong relationship / stakeholder management with demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders through effective communication (written and verbal) and persuasive presentations;
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging with regulators, senior business executives and boards
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 09 May 2017 Singapore Standard Time