Katherine Delmar Burke School is an independent K-8 girls’ school located on a 3.5 acre campus in San Francisco. Based on a 100-year tradition of educational excellence, Burke’s today is one of California’s leading elementary schools. The school combines strong academic and co-curricular programs with an emphasis on personal growth in a diverse and inclusive community. We emphasize the development of fundamental and higher level critical thinking skills in an atmosphere of creativity, exploration, and academic rigor.
The Associate Director of Admissions reports to and supports the work of the Director of Admissions, and is responsible for the overall organization of the Admissions Office. The Associate Director of Admissions will serve as a primary contact to prospective families through the admissions process, and as such, we are looking for a dynamic individual who is a strong verbal and written communicator, analytical thinker, and a flexible problem solver. In addition, someone who is joyful, process-orientated, innovative, and proactive in their approach to tasks will excel in this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and organize flow of data to various constituencies.
- Maintain comprehensive admissions files. Ensure accuracy in master files and various support tools. Properly save detailed data to allow for ease of use as part of the admissions process.
- Solve data problems as they arise.
- Collate and dispense admission records for decision committee meetings and other times throughout the year.
- Connect community members and external constituencies to resources that enhance their experience with the admissions office.
- Interface with families in warm and friendly manner, providing clear communications and necessary guidance.
- Serve on iterative teams with school administrators, support staff, teachers, and parents.
- Communicate with various screeners and Screening Coordinator, managing the circulation of admission assessments.
- Manage admission volunteers through admissions season.
- Oversee the flow of all admission events.
- Coordinate guest lists, event spaces, caterers, and other event details.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Admissions to design program flyers and invitations.
- Lead occasional group or individual tours.
- Schedule and manage multiple calendars for tours, appointments, assessments, interviews, and school visits.