Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Social Worker/Counselor to join our DV Team!
The Social Worker/counselor will utilize a multi-disciplinary, multi-service and systemic approach to provide a range of client centered services to adults and their children who have been exposed to trauma and domestic violence. The services are provided in a domestic violence in a shelter setting and off site.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for collaborating with the Safe House Wings Metro and providing the clinical services to residents survivors of domestic violence and children witnesses.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments and develop service plans with clients.
- Provides individual, family and group evidence-based services to children and their families.
- Provides provision of educational groups, support group services and safety planning to survivors of domestic violence.
- Maintains complete documentation of clinical records for quality assurance purposes.
- Conducts general observations to all the classrooms to screen the children for domestic violence, trauma, and other behavioral health needs.
- Interfaces with MFS programs and staff, drawing on the expertise of mental health clinicians, early childhood educators, trauma informed consultants, and evaluators.
- Determines appropriate services plan and resources.
- Works with teaching staff to support behavioral interventions in the classrooms and consults.
- Provision of workshops for clients and staff.
- Assesses progress and success of intervention through agency approved outcome evaluation tools.