The ideal candidate for this role must have strong written and verbal communication skills. They are the front line for member communications, and as such, it is vital that they are able to clearly communicate the message of our association. When guests enter the office, the Member and Customer Service Coordinator acts as our concierge, and is the first company representative people encounter when they visit our offices. We are looking for candidates who are vibrant, outgoing, and enthusiastic. Additionally, when responding to member requests communicated by phone or email, a Member & Customer Service Coordinator must be able to utilize all available resources to provide the best solution or answer. The type of person who would thrive in this position is passionate about creating efficiency and efficacy, and considers themselves to be outgoing with a warm personality. A majority of the responsibilities for this position, involve interacting with our members. Additionally, this position will take on a few select administrative responsibilities.
This is a foundation level position with clear paths of advancement and growth within AHLA's membership track. This position has interactions with staff from all departments, which will acclimate the ideal person to every aspect of the association’s work – from the logistical, advocacy, and communications perspectives. Interested candidates should display leadership skills as well as the ability to take initiative and problem solve creatively. The procedures and responsibilities of the position are by no means static. It is our hope that the ideal candidate would be able to pinpoint opportunities for improvement and optimization within the position. As the elected hire becomes more comfortable with the tasks initially assigned to them, they will have the chance to take on new responsibilities, and assist in crafting their own ideal trajectory within the association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for warmly and enthusiastically greeting and welcoming all visitors to AH&LA
- Assist with Mail Room duties when Logistic Specialist is absent
- Receive all incoming and outgoing deliveries left at the reception desk
- Assist multiple committee liaisons as needed in preparations for meetings
- Maintain the “Welcome Board/TV Monitor.”
- Respond to inquiries from members and prospective members, providing responses or routing calls to the appropriate staff member for response
- Manage all voicemail and email boxes for membership
- Maintain the industry calendar for the AH&LA Website
- Serve as the “membership concierge,” making a personal telephone contact with all new members each week, then following with an email to include a specific member benefit, id#, etc. Keep a log of all contacts, dates of contact, questions for follow-up, etc.
- Prepare all new member kits and keep a tracking log for reporting purposes
- Process and maintain membership records including enrollments, cancellations, changes of address, and change in company contact as directed for allied, student, academia, international, and under 30 member types
- Provide data base support and input of prospective member information, assist in generating letters and other membership mailings
- Review monthly unsubscribe list for active vs. inactive contacts
- Provide all membership lists as requested by director of member services.
- Perform other duties as requested