The University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR), is seeking a Vice Provost of Cooperative Extension (CE) to provide leadership and advocacy for all University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) county-based academic programs. This is a senior programmatic leadership position responsible for guiding the county-based CE units, with the directors of each reporting directly to the Vice Provost of Cooperative Extension. This senior leader ensures that these entities are advancing the Division-wide program priorities through development and efficient deployment of resources. In addition, the Vice Provost of Cooperative Extension works cooperatively with the Executive Director of Human Resources (HR) and the Academic Human Resources Manager to ensure that academic HR activities adhere to UC systemwide policies and UC ANR practices. In this role, the senior leader will provide leadership for all academic HR activities including recruitment and hiring of academics, academic merit and promotion process, and academic training.
Some specific aspects of duties include:
- Performing critical functions to achieve the mission of UC ANR by promoting:
- Responsiveness to clientele needs and issues of importance to California.
- Integration of research and outreach efforts.
- Teamwork and collaboration among Division members and cooperators.
- Effective and efficient use of organizational resources.
- Understanding of UC ANR programs by stakeholders.
- Providing leadership in the recruitment, selection, training, disciplinary actions, merits, promotions and evaluation processes of academic personnel. Serving as chair of UC ANR Peer Review Committee.
- Providing overall guidance to UCCE county-based offices and ensuring coordinated administration and coordinated program planning, development and delivery to fulfill Division-wide priorities and local needs. Ensuring all these units operate under appropriate statewide policies and guidelines.
- Collaborating closely with the Vice Provost of Statewide Programs and Strategic Initiatives and the Director of the Research and Extension Center System, as a team, to bring the broad array of activities and efforts within the Division into a cohesive integrated system.
- Serving as a member of the UC ANR Program Council which advises the UC ANR Vice President on Division wide planning and delivery of programs as well as developing recommendations for allocation of Division resources.
In addition to the administrative expectations listed above, all UC ANR academic administrator appointees are also responsible for performance in the areas of 1) professional competence and activity and 2) University and public service.
An understanding of and commitment to UC ANR’s affirmative action goals and commitments is expected of all administrators. The Vice Provost will ensure that outreach efforts in program identification, development, planning and delivery provide equitable service to all ethnic and gender groups comprising potential clientele. The Vice Provost will oversee outreach planning and ensure that required documentation of outreach efforts, outcomes and reporting is completed.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.