The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) is the nerve center of Oracle’s global security strategy. This position interacts with a variety of people including: internationally located clients, visitors, employees and the general public. Other responsibilities include; monitoring of all security, communications and fire / life safety systems within the designated region via the provided monitoring systems. The Shift Manager is assigned to manage the operations of the Client GSOC for the North America and Latin American regions in collaboration with other assigned shift managers. This position will be responsible for the tactical operations within their respective shift including crisis and incident management with client senior leadership, staffing, and scheduling, recruiting coordination, policy compliance audits, coaching and counseling of assigned GSOC personnel. This positon will ensure adherence to global standards and ensure consistency. The Shift Manager requires a high level of, dynamic leadership, customer service and problem solving ability to support projects as assigned by members of the Client GPS Operations and/ or Program Management Teams.
- Act as the central point of contact for any incidents, issues or events, be prepared to make significant decisions and brief senior management as required by the situation.
- Acts as a regional primary level of escalation related to crisis management concerns such as; terrorism, medical, weather, or facilities related events. Ensures that established post orders and policies are followed, that adequate reports are filed and that appropriate notifications and coordination is conducted with the proper authorities and client’s staff in emergency situations.
- Coaches and disciplines personnel as appropriate; seeks advice from company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents coaching and / or disciplinary actions. Provides performance feedback, mentors associates, and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities.
- Provides oversight for the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber GSOC personnel; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect.
- Serves as a key point of contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary communication and/or corrective action in a timely manner.
- Ensures all staff are appropriately trained. Receives, reviews, and communicates all changes to GPS Client policies and procedures to team members.
- As part of a team, collaborate with appropriate GPS regional staff, to identify and implement innovative risk mitigation solutions to ensure the safety and security of client personnel and assets.
- In conjunction with company management or designated representatives, ensures adequate coverage of all posts and positions.
- Provides direct management of Operations Analysts for their assigned shift to ensure the delivery of consistent high quality service.
- Prepares, files, and submits various reports and metrics as required.
- Identifies potential opportunities for improvement within the program and reports them to the GSOC Program leadership for review, resolution and implementation.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures and ensures that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels, in collaboration with area management as necessary; ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Builds and facilitates teamwork, partnerships and ensures the implementation of progressive change.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working hours, including the ability to work weekends when necessary to cover training, holidays and / or sickness.