Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Social Worker/Counselor I or II to join our Adoption Preservation Team!
The Adoption Preservation Social Worker/Counselor I or II will provide home-based clinical services to families who are struggling with adoption challenges and severe emotional and behavioral difficulties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completing comprehensive, in-depth assessments, treatment planning, a full range of case management services, mental health counseling (individual, family and group), advocacy, and related services.
- Work with our TARGET program,helps youth ages 12-16 who have suffered trauma and their adoptive parents gain control over stress.
- Follow a structured curriculum, and lead videotaping sessions
- Provides specialized treatment services in the areas of attachment, grief, loss and trauma.
- Meets documentation standards, including Medicaid Rule 132, and agency productivity standards.
- Meets training requirements.
- May be assigned other projects according to program needs.