Journeyman Contracts Specialist
Position Title: Journeyman Contracts Specialist
Background: The Journeyman Contracts Specialist supports customer-contracting requirements in all aspects of pre-award and post-award contract administration, including market research, providing business advice to customers, preparing acquisition and award packages, including all related acquisition documents in support of the Federal Protective Service’s requirements.
- Provides demonstrated acquisition experience in one or more specialized areas (e.g., contracting, procurement, source selection, contract management, Contracting Officers Representative).
- Provides requirements development, market research, acquisition planning, cost estimating, price analysis, technical evaluation criteria, acquisition and financial management, and administration
- Work entails drafting requirement documents such as Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statements (PWS), and Statements of Objectives (SOO), and assisting in the development and review of acquisition documents
- May be required to support the preparation, organization, and maintenance of acquisition records and files documenting performance and compliance
Assist with analysis and evaluation of agency contracting processes and with the preparation of recommendations for improvements
Place of Performance:
Security Clearance Requirement: DHS Suitability
Minimum Position Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in either accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, communications, project/program management, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, must have an AA degree in one of the aforementioned areas, with 10 additional years of experience in conducting comprehensive acquisition and acquisition support activities.
6 years of relevant experience in conducting acquisition and acquisition support activities.
Possess expert knowledge of Federal contracting law, regulation, policies, precedents and related principles, policies and procedures to plan, lead, review, or audit the most complex procurement functions.
Skilled in technical and coordinative activities sufficient to lead work on a variety of highly complex procurement and contractual processes or reviews.
Have familiarity with business practices and market conditions sufficient to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and contractor performance.
In addition to the experience and educational requirements described above, the JBFO shall possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical and cost data
- Ability to read and interpret procurement policy, regulations, and directives
- Ability to provide clear technical direction and guidance to all program offi
- Ability to develop complex acquisition packages in support of government contracting staff, research acquisition issues, advise customers and other internal contracting staff on specific assigned acquisition
- Must be proficient in various types of information technology resources such as MicroSoft Office including Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be adept in the operation and utilization of contemporary office machines (i.e. copying equipment, fax machines, scanner, etc.); proficient in searching and obtaining documents from the
Use this link to apply:
Company Highlights: At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.