Title: Scattered Site Housing Case Manager **SPANISH/ENGLISH BILINGUAL**
Reports To: Program Coordinator, Scattered Site Housing
La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities. La Casa Norte’s Scattered Site Supportive Housing Program provides permanent housing and supportive services to vulnerable youth and families.
This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday, with one Saturday per month and some evening hours required, including on-call responsibilities.
Expected Goals and Objectives
Goal One: To assist clients in maintaining stable, safe, affordable housing by:
- Working consistently within LCN’s mission, vision, philosophy of service, including Harm Reduction and Trauma-Informed Care frameworks.
- Use Motivational Interviewing techniques to facilitate positive behavioral change.
- Performing intensive case management to identify clients’ service needs, strengths and resources.
- Perform case management while conducting independent home visits to sustain clients’ ongoing stability.
- Developing and implementing service plan with client outlining clear goals and tasks along path to clients’ housing stability and financial self-sufficiency.
- Utilize clinical skills and knowledge of family systems to guide case management sessions and to intervene or refer as appropriate.
- Providing clients with the motivation, support and encouragement needed to empower themselves.
- Counseling and mentoring clients in both individual and group settings.
- Conduct regular life skills assessments.
- Delivering life skills training through both formal and informal techniques to address important issues such as conflict resolution, financial management and budgeting, health and nutrition, mental and emotional health, safe sex, etc.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Maintaining excellent and open communication with clients and following-up with clients on a regular basis
- Participate in On-Call rotation to provide crisis support to clients during nights and weekends.
- Documenting all services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Utilizing Homeless Management Information Systems, Client Track, and other database systems as required to enter client information and to document services.
Goal Two: To connect clients to community resources:
- Conduct client advocacy via in-person, phone, and/or letter for various participant needs; conduct advocacy to third party public benefit and service providers such as IDHS, Social Security, doctors, schools, etc.
- Referring clients to other supportive services as needed, including housing, food pantries, clothing closets, legal aid services, substance abuse and mental health counseling.; coordinating these services as needed to obtain wrap-around support for clients.
- Provide quality internal referrals for employment, education, housing location, or other LCN services as needed.
- Educating clients regarding positive uses of financial institutions & credit, payday loan alternatives, and credit repair services.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte employees are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending weekly staff meetings and other staff trainings.
- Participating in La Casa Norte’s fundraising events.
- Working in team approach to develop new programs.
- Assisting with data collection and completion of program reports.
- Perform other duties as required.