The Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating the efficient functioning of the general I.T. functions of the organization including hardware, software, phones, data, security, and EDI partnerships through proper evaluation, cost efficient procurement, and effective cross department training. In addition, supporting internal customers with IT projects, initiatives and helpdesk/desktop support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES, ABLE TO:
- Responsible for managing & supporting the day-to-day IT operations
- IT budget and make recommendations for upcoming technology initiatives
- Provide automation of tasks as requested by management to improve efficiency, communication and throughput
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, card access, security and surveillance systems and peripherals.
- Ensure the company’s IT assets (hardware, software, services, people) are meeting business needs; Identify problematic areas and recommend strategic solutions
- Ensure network security and backup systems
- Work with organization and Leadership to develop strategies and plans to enhance services, improve user effectiveness, increase optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Hands on programming and database management of all operations software and customized applications
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors, and partner organizations the implementation and execute the plan of systems that drive value to the organization
- Develop disaster recovery plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
- Document IT procedures and system processes
- Develop innovative methods to address business needs and improve administration while controlling costs
- Stay informed of changing technologies and determine how they might be utilized to improve IT and business operations
- Report monthly on work done by the IT department; prioritize as needed to make sure annual goals are met by the department
- Must be willing to work off-hours on occasion in adherence with scheduled maintenance windows for various technology equipment upgrades
Supervise the efficient use of company IT assets by all employees and safeguard of company data.