| Position Description:|
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Senior Traffic / Workforce Representative's goal is to effectively support, and provide input to, the plan for the right people to be in the right place at the right time. Effective data analysis, detection, and communication of trends, anomalies, and root cause of variance to Workforce Management partners and Operations partners. Development of inventory management ideas to positively react to performance that is, or may be trending toward being, out of control. Effective communication with Workforce and Operations regarding intra - day observations and data analysis indicating roadblocks or bottlenecks. Immediate reaction to these situations through collaboration with Operations team leaders and Workforce Management partners. Maintain and execute on the Workforce Vision of Enabling UnitedHealth Group Operations to become a Competitive Advantage for our company.
- Conduct data analysis using workforce management software, inventory reporting, and performance applications to:
- Interpret current state inventory, receipts, completions, DOH, TAT and aging against the capacity forecast and the required Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) / service levels
- Understand the current performance factors of utilization, efficiency, and VPH for each work type
- Provide input to set the daily inventory management plan and work direction
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly performance to detect trend and outlier concerns negatively impacting, or with the potential to negatively impact, Operations ability to meet their inventory and service levels
- Effectively communicate with Workforce Management peers and manager both verbally and in writing regarding such matters as:
- Current status of daily inventory performance against service targets
- Issues / concerns around meeting service levels, e.g. performance factors, inventory mix, process gaps, system issues, or education / skill concerns
- Opportunities for process or system improvement
- Apply an understanding of the technical and business solutions to identify trends and patterns and to offer suggestions to optimize daily work direction and possible solutions for performance, system, process or skills issues whether in planning process or intra - day management.
- Utilize technical and business tools / reporting to monitor inventory performance compared to plan throughout the day. Partner with Operations team members and leaders to solve for workflow and inventory issues identified when monitoring intra - day movement.
- Support the preparation and maintenance of reports, dashboards and monthly packages relating to inventory and production levels, aging of inventory, and effectiveness of performance.
- Assisting with training of Workforce Staff on Workforce Management policies, procedures, tools, reports, and best practices; act as a peer mentor / peer lead.
- Drive innovation and process improvement within Workforce Management.