| Position Description:|
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, Optum360 is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, Optum360 is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work. (sm)
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The MPTL Representative employs excellent customer service skills and is responsible for frequent communication with the facility based clinical team members and payor sources in partnership to deliver effective facility and patient bed management.
The MPTL Representative ensures timely, accurate and complete capture of all demographic and insurance information to ensure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered. In addition, the MPTL Representative is ultimately responsible for Admits, Transfers and Discharges meeting critical performance standards for timeliness.
- Under the guidance and direction of the centralized patient access unit leadership and sensitive to the employee work life balance, will work a predefined schedule to support the operational and facility based needs of twenty four(24) seven (7) days a week operation. As patients require admissions, Transfers and or Discharges at the facility location. With the understanding to teamwork and support that may require modification to meet those needs.
- Supports clinical bed management duties by ensuring system updates have been made in required IT systems for Admits, Transfers and Discharges, meeting 5 minute performance standard.
- Corrects registration edits and demographic updates as required when changing patient status.
- Conducts Insurance Eligibility/Benefit Verification via web-based tools and as necessary by phone.
- Supports registration activities by printing necessary documentation (i.e., face sheets, patient armbands, and etc.), coordinating production with the facility caring for the patient.
- Provides fax, phone, or electronic notification to payers of patient admissions and upgrades.
- Identifies issues in need of escalation to corporate Financial Clearance staff and/or facility financial specialists (i.e., Financial Clearance and/or Financial Counseling staff).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific registration requirements for all areas, including Inpatient and Outpatient Registration Services.
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry of demographic information into the ADT system at the time of registration.
- Communicates with the facility or providers when necessary to clarify or obtain additional patient information.
- When necessary, escalates accounts to appropriate facility Patient Registration leadership staff.
- Complies with HIPPA, PHI and its implications, ABN, MSP, EMTALA, etc. and other regulations which affect the registration process.