We are currently seeking a Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Field Liaison. This is a field based role, interested candidates can be located anywhere in the Continental US.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The HEOR Field Liaison (Senior Liaison/Liaison) This position will have responsibilities for leading scientific communications with assigned payer organizations to demonstrate the value of Mallinckrodt’s in-line products. Communication will include approved scientific, medical, financial, and healthcare economic data that will be shared with formulary decision makers, pharmacy directors, medical directors, their advisors and similar entities making or influencing market access decisions.
The HEOR Field Liaison will communicate back to the Science & Technology organization opportunities to demonstrate value and shape/inform the design of economic analyses and clinical programs that demonstrate the value of marketed and pipeline products to payers.
The HEOR Field Liaison (Senior Liaison/Liaison) will:
- Partner with the Corporate Account Director team to establish shared strategic account (payer) objectives.
- Differentiate the value of Mallinckrodt products to payers / population health decision makers / hospital formularies to safeguard access to treatment; to include appropriate coverage policies and authorization criteria.
- Leverage approved scientific, medical, financial, and healthcare economic data.
- Responsible for developing sustainable payer relationships and discussing comprehensive scientific, health economic, epidemiology and patient-reported outcomes data.
- Research and identification of medical community training and educational needs with relevant therapeutic areas.
- Collaborate with payers / hospitals, using their own data, to evaluate real-world outcomes and effectiveness.
- Provide scientific support to Health Care Providers and patient advocacy groups wishing to encourage treatment access at the payer / healthcare systems policy level.
- Assist in development of value dossiers, scientific presentations and payer specific written communications.
- Understand the needs of payers and communicate these insights across the organization to relevant functions.
- Develop research strategies that demonstrate value to payers; integrating activities into existing R&D processes.
- Input to the design of clinical research, at any stage of development.
- Act as a conduit between the external payer environment and the Mallinckrodt HEOR in-house team ensuring strategies and tactics are robust in filling key performance and evidence gaps from a payer perspective.
- Collaborate with other customer facing teams to clarify roles/responsibilities, assuring transparency & synergy.
- The HEOR Field Liaison will concentrate their activities on region specific entities which may include: State Medicaid, specialty pharmacy, PBM, managed care, integrated delivery networks, other healthcare systems.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance departments to establish and follow processes for proactive communication and scientific exchange with payers / population health decision makers / hospital formularies.
- Support regional and national managed care / healthcare systems congresses.