The Product Compliance Technical Leader creates programs and leads global projects to support company Product Environmental Compliance initiatives. Includes defining and implementing programs and projects to address new or changed product environmental standards, certifications, and regulations including those required for management of hazardous substances in products, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Technical Leader is also responsible for working with Rockwell Automation businesses to proactively develop strategies for new and existing products which ensure that products meet relevant product regulations and certification requirements.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure company compliance with product environmental standards and directives. Present strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support for programs as necessary.
- Design and implement a strategy to ensure Rockwell's compliance with environmental standards and directives related to global product environmental regulations such as RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Batteries, Packaging and Ecodesign.
- Partner with GPSR and Business Units to ensure that PCE and PEC resources are used efficiently for standards work.
- Provide support as a Subject Matter Expert on various product environmental compliance topics to compliance team members who are engaged with product design teams during NPI activities.
- Coordinate enterprise-wide projects which cross multiple business units to ensure compliance of RA products to new or changing requirements. May be involved in compliance activities for projects of high importance to the organization.
- Lead project teams consisting of cross-functional personnel to identify and address product design issues related to substance restrictions as identified in global environmental directives and standards.
- Provide oversight and mentoring to junior product compliance team members.
- Work with functions including Development, Industrialization, Component Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, Global Standards and Trade, and others to ensure that product design and new products developed are compliant with standards and directives to ensure global market access.
- Responsible for developing communication strategies for RA personnel as well as external stakeholders (customers, supplier) to better understand the requirements for product designs and customer specifications.
- Promote standards and regulations compliance to applicable BU's relative to products and systems design, testing, application, and national/international compliance and trends.
- Liaise with RA functional groups to communicate (two-way) conformity assessment and/or regulatory requirements to facilitate global market access for RA products.
- Responsible for the plan, budget, structure, and schedule for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the corporation.
- Build partnerships at the management level of RA business units. Participate in strategic planning activities with RA BU's and other functional groups to provide guidance on global standards, regulations, and conformity assessment as necessary
- Develop, manage and distribute Key Process Indicators (KPI's) for projects, programs and the cost center and provide scorecards for upper management.
- Responsible for the plan and schedule for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the corporation.
- Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level business goals / constraints.
- Presents strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support for programs as necessary.
- Comprehends the needs and requirements of customers or business partners in order to bring strategic value to them. Promotes regulatory compliance and customer needs as the key drivers for business goals and initiatives.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- B. S. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental, Industrial or Computer Engineering or related technical field with knowledge in the application of basic engineering and manufacturing principles, theories, and techniques.
- 12+ years' experience in a Development or Compliance Engineering Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing organization.
- Proven experience and results in project management as well as driving change, preferably across multiple departments / organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all levels in the organization. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Willing to travel up to 35% (including international) for promotion and implementation of various initiatives and programs.
- LSS and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- Previous experience working with / participating on standards development or regulatory committees is strongly preferred. Leadership of committees is desirable.
- Experience in new product development, including utilizing the Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) Process as well as knowledge of SAP, is strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree in engineering, business administration, operations or project management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Mequon - Wisconsin, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.