Office Manager - (170000RZ)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Dentistry seeks a personable, self-motivated, energetic and detail-oriented Office Manager to support the Office of Institutional Advancement. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Development and Alumni Relations, this position is a critical member of the school's Advancement team and will work closely with the Assistant Dean, other Development Officers, the Dean's Office staff, external constituents and academic and administrative leaders. The Development Associate will provide key support and management of administrative needs and logistics for the Advancement Team, manage staff travel, and assist in the planning, organizing and execution of fundraising and special event activities.
This position will require occasional travel for regional events. Some evening and weekend work is required.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Manage all office and administrative functions of the office including the procurement and coordination of office supplies and equipment. Ensure that equipment, materials, and supplies are used efficiently and effectively. Act as liaison with office vendors.
- Support the office by using automated equipment such as fax machines, personal and networked computers and printers, copy machines, voice mail, telephone equipment, etc.
- Act as intermediary for Assistant Dean for Development and Alumni Relations, interacting with officials, staff at all levels, and the public.
- Receive and screen incoming telephone calls, visitors, and correspondence. Independently handle procedural matters and inquiries that do not require specific knowledge, or refer callers to others as appropriate. Prioritize and screen items to be handled personally and forward remainder with necessary background material.
- Compose, proofread, edit and prepare correspondence and other materials, including donor acknowledgement letters. Assist in compilation and organization of materials for Board and leadership meetings.
- Ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship and the timely acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Assist in preparing and administering department budget by updating accounts and running periodic reports. Prepare expense reports and reimbursements.
- Support Assistant Dean in the administration of endowment funds and preparation of endowment reports for donors.
- Perform other administrative duties for the office, such as manage onboarding process for new employees, organize departmental scheduling, manage travel for the Advancement team, take minutes for meetings, and draft and update departmental policies as required.
- Coordinate the development and organization of the department's electronic filing system and maintenance of donor and prospect information for the alumni database.
- Assist the Advancement Team staff with the planning and coordination of special events: monitor event timelines; run or request reports and mailing labels; manage direct mail projects; assist with invitation design; manage RSVPs; manage follow up correspondence and record-keeping; coordinate event logistics with vendors and campus staff; and oversee event registration.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
Experience: Two (2) years of related administrative or business operation experience.
Preferred: Prior experience providing executive administrative support is preferred.
Other: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess knowledge of best practices in office systems and procedures and, where appropriate, principles of supervision. General knowledge of fundraising techniques, procedures and best practices. Skill in planning work and supervising others. Skill in organizing and executing multiple assignments under specific time constraints. Ability to perform position in compliance with all requirements, regulations, and laws. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences.
- Skill in assuming personal responsibility for all outcomes. Skill in making effective and timely decisions. Skill in applying analytical techniques to review expenditures and revenues, prepare forecasts, and reconcile accounts. Skill in the effective use of technology. Ability to maintain productivity. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute assignments with limited instruction. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Advanced proficiency in the use of computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to understand written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Ability to build and strengthen communications with key stakeholders. Ability to handle sensitive material and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Ability to interact pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers. Ability to maintain poise and courtesy under pressure.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E1448D
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Dental - Institutional Advancement
: May 8, 2017
: May 29, 2017, 11:59:00 PM