Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST2104
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine, Faculty Practice, is seeking an Office Manager. Under general supervision, carries out a variety of front desk services related to cash collection. Serves as primary staff liaison with all patients, receptionist, maintain appointment book, request charts, post payments, enters and updates patient demographic, and insurance information. Provides financial planning and service to patient and physicians to facilitate the scheduling and performance of clinical procedures; provides support paperwork and documentation to patients and physicians; maintains awareness of various HMO's, Commercial PPO's, Medicare, Medicaid HMO's, Workers Comp/No fault insurance carriers restrictions to assure all necessary criteria are met prior to surgery.
- Serves as a liaison for the doctors by providing insurance guidelines, authorizations and support for patients requiring treatment.
- Registers patients presenting for treatment at the Rutgers Health University Dental Associates.
- Review surgical procedures with the doctor, to make CDT, CPT and ICD coding recommendations.
- Coordinates and assists in scheduling the operating room for dental procedures performed at affiliated hospitals.
- Verifies patient eligibility and benefits, and obtains pre-authorization, if required; tracks status of pending pre-certifications and pre-authorizations, keeping the providers informed of status.
- Maintains and updates notes on the Authorization Status Report for all team members to access information, as needed.
- Effectively communicates with patient registration desk, utilization management, nurses and medical director to give all pertinent clinical documentation as required to secure the surgical authorization.
- Informs prospective patients of insurance coverage and their financial responsibility.
- Creates medical record numbers (MRN), registering and maintaining all patient demographic, authorizations and special directions in the Robert Wood University Hospital system.
- Collaborates with specialist to endure that multiple procedures are effectively coordinated and authorized.
- Tracks surgical cases and manages the changes in surgery date by notifying the insurance company and all appropriate individuals.
- Monitors credit balances for resolution by refunds/adjustments to insurance or patient payments.
- Assists in credentialing providers.
- Manages the appeal process when an authorization is denied by collaborating with the doctor, writing appeal or schedule a peer to peer review.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
- Two (2) or more years of experience performing a full range of administrative support services that includes medical terminology preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience identifying and using ICD-10 and CPT codes required.
Department: RSDM-Doc-Dental & Oral Health