The Senior Program Coordinator provides direction in reviewing and recommending policy and procedure designed to enhance operational excellence of a program/project in order to ensure success. Ensures the effective, compliant, and efficient daily management of all operational, financial and business functions in support of the business area's mission and in coordination with central offices such as HR, Budget, Facilities, IT and Provost. Represents program/project on internal and external administrative affairs by recommending alternatives and suggestions. Establishing an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system within Facilities Management. This position is primarily involved in the migration of digital content into an integrated Document Management system (OnBase) and coordination with Facilities Connect.
- Oversees and ensures that day-to-day operations are appropriately managed, efficient and effective.
- Develops, maintains and reports on quantitative and qualitative performance measures.
- Acts as liaison to IT to ensure technology systems are properly installed and maintained and meet the informational, analytical and computing needs of users.
- Ensures necessary hardware, software and network infrastructure services are appropriated from central or internal IT.
- Management, migration, and coordination of digital content with Facilities Connect.
- Coordination of this effort will involve working with FM Staff as Subject Management Experts (SME’s) and Northwestern Information Technology staff to establish strong integration of documents within existing department work flows.
- Once the integration is established as part of the Facilities Connect implementation, work will continue on process enhancements including mobile technology, along with building a digital object repository for all document, data and services within Facilities Management.
- Unit testing of all integrations insure high quality ECM services.
- Train and educate new employees, consultants and interns on the Digital Capture processes and collection.
Communication, Outreach & Recruitment
- Position will support document retrieval requests for all internal and external customers.
- Manages development and maintenance of evaluation processes including associated metrics and key performance indicators.
- Reviews and analyzes outcome measurements and recommends changes and enhancements to improve program/project.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to implement changes designed to improve/increase program/project goals/objectives.
- Researches competitor and state-of-the art developments to enhance, improve and innovate program curricula and delivery to better meet goals and objectives.
- Oversee development and implementation of new program/project initiatives.
- Continually assesses and innovates program/project to achieve educational goals.
- Develops strategy for program/project growth and expansion.
- Manages compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and NU laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and counsel and recommends changes and improvements to functional operations to better meet organizational needs and objectives.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years’ program/project administration or other relevant experience.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Ability to climb a ladder to access drawings.
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- 4-year college degree in Library Information and Technology Sciences or related field.
- Work experience in the architectural, engineering, and/or construction industry.
- Higher education work experience.
- Experience working with applications as it relates to Space Information, Capital Planning, and Asset Management.
- Specific work experience with Tririga IWMS application.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.