| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Department Fund Manager you will assist the HOPP faculty and other members of the administrative team with the full spectrum of pre- and post-award activities. As the department’s point of contact for Research and Technology Management, Development, Finance, and MSK Departments as well as external funding agencies, the responsibilities of the position generally fall into the following categories and may include:
Pre-award and grants management:
- Coordinate the submission of all grants (federal, state and private agencies) for department principal investigators (PIs), including identifying new grant opportunities
- Independently gather information on application requirements including providing templates and guidance to PIs for non-scientific parts of application, drafting budgets and obtaining all necessary grant documents for timely submissions
- Maintain up to date knowledge of deadlines, forms and funding regulations
- Serve as a coordinator for PI/MSK on multicenter grants or subcontracts
Post-award and financial management:
- Monitor grant and philanthropic expenses to ensure that costs stay within budgeted allocations and adhere to sponsor guidelines
- Use tools (Excel, Cognos, etc) to create and review fund and lab budgets on a monthly basis providing in depth analysis on spending trends; identify funding sources for salaries and supplies; forecast budgetary outlook for future years. Review said lab budgets and forecasts with PIs on a regular basis
- Coordinate fund transfers, review and approve expenses (PO, petty cash, etc), and manage effort reporting with Research Fund Manager
- Responsible for financial data collection, entry and analysis
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with institutional goals
- Able to effectively navigate complex policies and processes across an organization
- Capable of creating a work environment where people are motivated to do their best
- Effective at building partnerships and collaborating to meet shared objectives
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.