Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 1383
Full/Part Time Full-Time
This position supports the CWU-Sammamish by providing excellent customer service in all their interactions with anyone coming to the site. They are the first point of contact for students, faculty and staff at Sammamish. This position directly supports the Site Director in the day-to-day activities at Sammamish in addition to providing support in the planning of future events. The Office Assistant will assist in the promotion and execution of events at CWU-Sammamish led by the Site Director. They will assist the Director in coordination of classroom and space scheduling; providing general support to campus wide department/programs; providing routine information about programs, activities, and services to students, faculty, staff, and the general public; providing general clerical and office support services; and assisting students.
- Provides exceptional customer service to students, faculty, staff, and the general public by giving routine information programs, activities and services at CWU-Sammamish.
- Provides clerical and office support services by performing complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting documents, integrating spreadsheet and data files, creating databases, and brochures. Formats and edits documents.
- Promotes important dates, events, and information for the Sammamish site through the use or print and electronic media.
- Access PeopleSoft for department class enrollments, class rosters, grade sheets and grade input, student information, entering information on department majors and minors, and running queries on a variety of topics.
- Coordinates the site's quarterly schedule of classrooms with departments and Academic Scheduling. Reviews and assigns Sammamish classrooms, and enters classroom data in MyCWU.
- Updates quarterly schedule in Excel. Updates quarterly class schedule master classroom documents list as needed. Reassigns classrooms as needed or as requested by departments.
- Coordinates conferences, meetings, seminars, and training room schedules using Outlook calendars and other software. Notifies appropriate faculty and/or staff of upcoming meetings.
- Prepares and posts Weekly Meeting/Event list.
- Coordinates and manages recordkeeping, both on paper and in MyCWU. Assists students with process-oriented issues.
- Prepares prospective Running Start student materials, maintains student files and information, and prepares and monitors quarterly admissions and enrollment statistics.
- Assists students with registration processes by helping them complete applications, forms, documents and other material required by the University.
- Reviews for completeness and compliance with applicable policies and procedures and informs the student of any discrepancy or further action required.
- Enters student information from the material in MYCWU, as appropriate.
- Runs MYCWU queries and maintain student files and information as appropriate.
- Routes accepted material to appropriate campus department.
- Provides clerical support to the Site Director. Maintains calendar.
- Schedules meetings and makes room arrangements, orders refreshments when applicable.
- Proofreads materials and makes corrections for sentence structure, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Prepares areas for events; including set-up & take down, moving of tables, chairs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Increasingly responsible clerical/office experience OR an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to listen to customers, identify issues, provide options, fulfill services, exercise knowledge of procedures to assist others, and resolve complaints or conflicts
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively organize multiple work assignments involving competing priorities to produce work products that are accurate and high quality, and also meet deadlines
- Experience proficiently using Word, Excel, e-mail and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence and finished documents, create and maintain spreadsheets, work in databases, and receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc
- Ability to establish and maintain an office filing system including electronic and manual files
- Ability to maintain a cordial and professional office atmosphere
- Experience working in higher education
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $2268/month with periodic increases up to $2925/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-9:00pm OR Monday - Friday 7:00am-4:00pm
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: June 1, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Tina Gorman
Title: Secretary Senior
Phone: (509) 963-1456
Website: Continuing Education and Running Start
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.