Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 1388
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Support the human resources function areas such as classification, employee notifications, compensation, leave management, reasonable accommodation, HR analytics, and administrative support.
- Conducts administrative exempt position reviews to ensure exemption from civil service rules are applied correctly
- Conducts civil service position reviews/job analysis to identify position requirements and allocate positions by determining the best match with WA State class specs
- Assist with development and delivery of exempt compensation program
- Support HR Partners in administration of leave programs such as FMLA, WFLA, USERRA, and other associated protected leave activity.
Workers Compensation Administration:
- Assist in the management of workers' compensation claims from Date of Injury to closure of claim.
- Support labor relations team to ensure all administrative and tactical needs are followed through with in a timely manner
- Provide notifications to employees and supervisors in compliance with state law and internal processes
- Respond to inquiries and provide information about HR rules, policies, and associated topics.
- Examine employee files for relevant information
- Independently research issue answers, solutions, and recommendations in rules, policies, procedures, contracts, and other HR issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree related to HR or business admin OR combination of education/experience demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- At least 1 year of broad based HR experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly on complex issues to a wide variety of audiences.
- Successful experience managing multiple priorities in a complex, fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in application of rules, policies, laws and logic to position classification determinations, including experience with FLSA and other associated state/local rules.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Strong MS Office skills including word and excel
- Organization and time-management skills demonstrated by prioritizing conflicting and demanding deadlines.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Experience in compensation and classification practices
- Certification by HRCI or SHRM
- Experience working with HRIS system
- HR Experience with Washington state agency or institution of higher education
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 21, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Michael Rogel
Title: HR Partner
Phone: (509) 963-2054
Website: Human Resources
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.