Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
The new 53 bed hospital in Longmont will join UCHealth and Longmont Clinic's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Longs Peak Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices. Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment utilizing appropriate protocols. Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community resources Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
This person will be working independently, so we are looking for someone with pervious experience.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- High school diploma or GED for Point of Care Testing.
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- State licensure if required by law.
- ACLS and NRP within 6 months of hire.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course. IF APPLICABLE: Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender variance, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.