Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As part of Global Risk, Regulatory Compliance ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover HSBC's regulatory requirements, and mitigate conduct and reputational risk issues. The team strives to remain ahead of the regulatory change agenda and ensures the business understands the implications and is prepared for change. It monitors how the Global Businesses and Functions manage their responsibilities with regard to complying with the regulations and helps resolve compliance deficiencies.
The Markets business is establishing a new reporting offering to EU clients for their over the counter derivatives trades with HSBC which requires Compliance coverage. The successful candidate will offer the business compliance advice and support, including on internal operational and product matters and client-facing queries and matters.
The role will include establishing an ongoing governance structure, chairing meetings with key stakeholders in the event of material outages or incidents, liaising with relevant regulators, establishing policies, procedures and training, and providing metrics connected to reporting.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide support to the Global Compliance Officer (GCO) and Markets business with global reporting requirements. Initially the role will focus on US Dodd-Frank and EU requirements; but the role will be expanded in due course to cover other reporting requirements with extra territorial impact (liaising with overseas Compliance colleagues where relevant).
- This will enable the Global Market Regulatory Compliance team to:
- Support the business (e.g. Operations, Technology teams and Front Office) in the context of HSBC's own increasingly global reporting requirements;
- Support business client-facing teams (e.g. Sales, Operations and Onboarding) by providing Compliance support for the business' client reporting offerings and communications in this area
- Assist with the delivery of a regulatory reporting policy that establishes the benchmark standards for the control framework, deep dives, workflow tools, rule changes, change management and issue management
- Deliver a front-to-back report population covering rule capture, technical controls and the process of report creation and submission
- Devise a global standard training plan for those involved in regulatory reporting. The successful candidate must work closely with the members of trade reporting programme, front office, middle office and operations.
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you should meet the following requirements:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including ability to write documents for presentation to senior management and lead senior leads meeting
- Ability to interact with senior management, and senior internal infrastructure personnel
- Ability to learn quickly, to analyse technical regulatory requirements, and to understand operational systems and the impact of changes
- Good ability to analyse and assess existing processes in identifying actions required to comply
- Ability to participate and influence in relevant external reporting and compliance industry fora
- Ambition to enhance compliance knowledge and skills in a rapidly changing and dynamic Markets environment.
- Candidate will need to track the main regulatory changes currently affecting HSBC Markets businesses on reporting (with input from other regions) including: UK, US, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia
- Strong experience with MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Visio and Access).
- Good project management skills
For further details and application information please apply online.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.