• Master's degree in International or Comparative Education, Higher Education, or related field
• One year of related program coordination and/or advising experience in International Student Services or closely related experience working with college student, immigrant and/or foreign populations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with the ability and interest to learn other software as needed
• Valid U.S. drivers license, with a clean driving record for a minimum of two years
• Strong intercultural competence and interpersonal communication skills
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence required to serve as DSO [Designated School Official] and ARO [Alternate Responsible Officer] as mandated by Department of Homeland Security and Department of State
The successful candidate must have desire and ability to work with and communicate effectively with those from other cultures. S/he must also have an awareness of issues related to socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, sexuality, race and ethnicity, ability, national origin, religious and interfaith, and the relationship between power and privilege.
• Bilingual language ability
• Experience having lived, worked, and/or studied overseas
• Trajectory to pursue a career in the field of international education
• Knowledge/experience in SEVIS RTI, TerraDotta, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Adobe Indesign.
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.