The Director of Risk Management is responsible for the leadership, innovation, governance and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor the company's operational and strategic risk and compliance and insurance programs for Krause Holdings, Inc. and its domestic and international subsidiaries and affiliates, including, but not limited to, Kum & Go, L.C. and Sole Transport, L.C. Krause Holdings, Inc. respects the diversity of our associates and candidates. We strive to leverage a diverse and inclusive team to achieve our business goals.
Principal Functions of the Job
- Develops enterprise risk management framework including the implementation of tools, practices and policies to monitor, analyze and report enterprise risks. Ensures the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable state, federal, and local regulations and that the risk policies & strategies are also in alignment with organizational objectives. Partners with business leaders to accurately capture, articulate, and report risk-related vulnerabilities and organizational impact including, but not necessarily limited to, compliance risk, financial risk, people risk, environmental risk, strategic risk, brand risk and data/cybersecurity risk. Partner with business leaders to identify methods to mitigate or remove risks from the organizational risk portfolio.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to enterprise-wide regulatory compliance. Partners with department leaders to develop processes to ensure compliance with department-specific rules and regulations and systems to monitor ongoing compliance efforts. Responsible for the development and implementation of a compliance program consistent with federal sentencing guidelines.
- Develops and implements an insurance framework that aligns with the company’s risk tolerance and risk management philosophy. Partners with outside industry experts in risk management to forecast loss levels and ensure adequate insurance coverage to mitigate risk. Attends risk seminars & conferences.
- Oversees enterprise safety program for the organization and its affiliates. Designs and directs a program to reduce external customer and associate accidents, occupational illnesses or injury, safety-training of associates, physical protection, disposal procedures and workplace safety initiatives.
- Leads enterprise-wide contingency planning and business continuity efforts. Designs, builds, and implements standard risk assessment, business impact analysis, and other business continuity tools and capabilities.
Kum & Go Competencies
To be successful, candidates must demonstrate the following Competencies -
Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it