ON Semiconductor is looking for a self-driven, motivated professional to join our HRIS team at the corporate, global headquarters located in Phoenix, AZ. As the Human Resources Information Systems Director, you will have the opportunity to drive a strategic, global plan that would constantly change. We are looking for a strong leader to maintain timely performance within the HRIS team and drive for action and results. The right candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, provide exemplary customer support, and will have the ability communicate at the executive level. Problem-solving skills and troubleshooting abilities will be necessary to the success of this position.
As a key leadership role, reporting to the Sr. Director of Compensation, Benefits, HRIS and Global Mobility, the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Director is responsible for the system oversight and execution of continuous improvement of all HR systems as well as managing a team consisting of both U.S. based and global HRIS Analysts to ensure uptime and availability of ON Semiconductor’s Human Resources processes and workflows. This is a management level position and this role will act as the leader to provide strategic planning. The responsibilities and areas of job duties are included but not limited to:
- Develops and maintains a global strategic plan on a 1, 3 and 5-year basis, for software implementations, enhancements, and upgrades, as well as bug fixes.
- Creates a technology change roadmap, consulting with HR leaders for each area for needs analysis, understanding the impact to current processes and appropriately preparing for and communicating changes, testing changes, etc.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements to how the application(s) are used
- Makes adjustments to process and resource allocation in consultation with HR or executive leadership, where necessary, to ensure customer needs are being met
- Conducts regular meetings with internal business constituents outlining upcoming application support activities, future patch cycles and resolution of reported incidents.
- Works closely with IT management to understand key strategic initiatives and build and maintain application support plans to support them.
- Develops a Quality strategy, measurement, and execution
- Participates in the review of new functionality for each system release/upgrade and in the implementation and testing of the release
- Manages cloud based and ON premise HR systems
- Manages and maintains an operations calendar and task calendar
- Leads business process support through maintenance of process flows in HR systems such as performance, succession planning, and compensation planning (e.g. import company goals, update annual budgets, update system enabled guidelines, etc.)
- Oversees system security, including the creation and deletion of users, changing access requirements, etc.
- Partners with external vendors on data accuracy, troubleshooting and business process changes
- Partners with cloud vendors in maintaining the system stack
- Manages business process documentation
- Monitors the Application Support incident/request queue to ensure they are addressed in accordance with defined Service Level Agreements
- Acts as HRIS leader on system functionality, capabilities, and operational processes, including data and information housed.
- Recruits and leads a team of analysts across multiple regions to optimize business outcomes using technology solutions
- Oversees team performance and manages communication and information flow to increase efficiency
- Coaches and develops staff; approves and may lead training and development activities
- Analyzes performance against established metrics
- Responsible for management of the resolution of business application high priority incidents, problem management, and major incident communications with business owners.
- Management of an HRIS Application Support Team to manage high level incidents, document and share root cause analysis knowledge within the IT, HR, and Payroll Organizations; on repeatable issues as well as on remediation projects.
- Oversees training, continuous improvement, project management and knowledge management