Supports Branch Manager or Account Manager through project planning and coordination to meet commitments on time and within resource limitations. As authorized, determines requirements, establishes priorities and monitors service delivery.
- Supports management through project planning and coordination to meet commitments on time and within resource limitations; with client and management approval, determines requirements, establishes priorities and monitors progress.
- Evaluates project status and resource utilization; implements changes as needed; reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates; addresses any actual or potential problems; assists in negotiation of client contracts; provides support during client service level changes; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders.
- Assists management in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; acts to ensure that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs project-related work; coaches associates, and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities.
- Assists in development and administration of budget in relation to assigned account or site(s).
- Assists management in maintaining a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Within scope of client contract, project budget and assigned duties, authorizes appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; acts to ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; acts to ensure that there is an adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, and other supplies and equipment; maintains and submits payroll records and other associate and business information.
- Assists management in preparing and coordinating staffing schedules for account or site(s); acts to ensure that scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews Security Officer site reports to verify that post orders and client directions have been satisfactorily followed; personally inspects posts as part the evaluation of the security staff.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned account or site(s).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
Associate’s Degree and 1 year of responsible experience in the security industry and/or business management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
COMPENTENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- If required for assigned account, must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned account.
- Understanding of security operations.
- Knowledge of business administration and project management principles.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop solutions.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.