Reports To: Director of Development
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Alliance Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, recruitment of staff and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The manager of broad based giving will have overall responsibility for maintaining and growing campaigns in direct mail, telefundraising, and online/social media fundraising for the Alliance Theatre. The ideal candidate will have experience creating and executing 4-6 targeted direct mail flights per year, with the expectation of acquiring new, and graduating renewing broad based donors into the gift pipeline for the annual fund. The candidate should have direct experience managing lead pulls and benefit incentives for telefundraising campaigns, and will be responsible for working directly with the Theatre's outsourced telefundraising vendor to provide data and scripting. In the growing digital age of fundraising, the candidate will have the strategic planning experience to implement a cohesive digital campaign which will complement and enhance direct mail and telefundraising campaigns.
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with some evenings and weekends required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
While conditions may alter the amount of time spent on any one area, the time spent on the position responsibilities can be expected to be as follows:
Broad Based Campaign 70%
- Donor Campaigns
- Actively engage in strategic and tactical planning processes with development team to design and create all broad based giving plans. The goal is to create engaging, efficient, cost effective and targeted campaigns to grow the Theatre’s donor base.
- Execute and manage at least four (4) direct mail campaigns and 40 weeks of telefunding campaigns meeting all deadlines for brochure production, list and lead management, etc.
- Work with Publications Department for production and design of all print materials.
- Coordinate benefits fulfillment process with development services department.
- Create effective incentives for telefunding campaigns through leads, promotions, bonuses, etc.
- Implement and manage cross promotional activities with marketing department to better support patron giving.
- In a timely manner, work with Box Office managers to keep all sales agents apprised of broad based giving offers.
- Produce, with Director of Development, accurate and timely wrap-up reports to summarize and assess results of campaign strategies.
- Actively monitor broad based giving budgets calling attention well in advance to opportunities and potential shortfalls.
- Accurately and consistently code campaign invoices.
- Continually maintain archive of campaign materials.
- Provide effective support to Director of Development as needed.
- Accountable for successful execution of broad based giving budget, and administrative duties. Position will be measured with the timely execution and campaign results that successfully grow net donor revenues.