Clinical Coordinator - Detox will provide oversight to ensure effective and efficient management of the clinical mental health service delivery of a 16 bed short term residential unit for clients receiving medical detox services.
Licensed Clinical Coordinator Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to address performance concerns in a constructive manner.
• Ability to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships.
• Ability to identify and measure outcomes.
• Ability to manage a budget and stay within budget expectations.
• Ability to promote positive, collaborative, and professional working relations among co-workers and representatives in the community.
• Ability to record data and complete documentation within established expectations and by communicated deadlines.
• Ability to respond effectively to changes in the work environment in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
• Willing and available to work modified schedules (weekends, holiday, etc.) as required.
• Ability to drive and must possess a valid driver’s license. May be called upon to travel to any Horizon worksite; transport clients, provide services to client at other locations. Regular attendance at trainings and Horizon meetings may require travel to a variety of Horizon sites.
• Ability to participate in and successfully pass behavioral intervention training; includes both verbal de-escalation skills and physical skills techniques to be utilized with consumers as needed.
• Knowledge of evidenced based programs to include but not limited to; Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); emergency interventions; family, group, and individual therapies;, psychosocial education; risk assessments; sex offender treatment; substance abuse interventions; etc.
• Knowledge of clinical supervision requirements and techniques.
• Knowledge of community mental health and public health in order to provide advocacy and enhance an individual’s treatment and access to community resources.
• Knowledge of the principles, procedures, techniques, trends, and literature related to mental health, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse.
• Knowledge of psychiatric/medical medications/treatments.
• Skill to effectively manage employee performance, communicate expectations and objectively rate performance of assigned employees.
• Skill to analyze situations accurately and develop appropriate responses or techniques.
• Skill to communicate effectively in order to facilitate treatment and relay information to others as part of an interdisciplinary team.
• Skill to develop reports, create presentations and communicate findings to both internal and external audiences.
• Skill to perform clinical interviews in order to obtain information and to formulate appropriate treatment plans.