Job Title:Division Dean of Business, Agriculture, Industry, Technology and Safety (BAITS)
Opening Date/Time: Mon. 04/10/17 12:00 AM Pacific
TimeClosing Date/Time: Fri. 05/26/17 4:30 PM Pacific
Type:Administrator Educational Full-Time
Location:Shasta College - Main Campus - Redding,
Print Job Information | Apply | Benefits | Supplemental Questions
Reference Link to actual "Shasta College Employment Page"
Description of Basic Functions and Responsibilities
To plan, develop, organize, promote, coordinate and monitor the programs and activities of an instructional division of the College; and to develop, evaluate, and implement policies and procedures related to the operations and activities of assigned division. Employees in this classification direct, supervise, and formally evaluate the work of faculty and classified staff. This job class exercises responsibility for the effective operation of an instructional division and is responsible for all operations of an instructional division and is responsible for all instructional matters at the division level. This job class functions at middle management level of classification and requires strong administrative skills.
Departments: Accounting, Administration of Justice, Agriculture, Automotive Technology, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Construction Technology, Diesel Technology, Equipment Operations and Maintenance, Farm, Fire Technology, Horticulture, Industrial Technology, Legal Assistant, Master Gardener, Natural Resources, Office Administration, Public Safety, Water Treatment, and Welding Technology
SUPERVISOR: Associate Superintendent / Vice President of Instruction
CLASSIFICATION: Range 55 on the Administrative Salary Schedule, 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday, 12 months per year.
BENEFITS: Holiday, vacation and sick time will be provided. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis and an employee assistance program (EAP).
Employees have the option to contribute to:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
- Section 125 Plan including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Day Care Accounts
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Disability Income Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accident Only Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities, operations, and programs of an instructional division; ensures the provision of appropriate courses and instructional programs related to assigned division.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates division policies and procedures.
- Communicates and interprets the curriculum of the division as it relates to the characteristics and needs of students; works with counseling staff.
- Determines staffing needs and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Develops division class schedules.
- Ensures the provision of appropriate facilities, supplies, and equipment for effective division operations.
- Develops, coordinates, and administers division budget; monitors and controls expenditures.
- Develops and maintains list of qualified and available substitute instructors.
- Participates in a variety of administrative, board, and other meetings; conducts division meetings; organizes, advises, and facilitates appropriate advisory committees; prepares and distributes information, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Promotes cooperative relationships with community and regional agencies as appropriate.
- Directs and supervises the work of others; reviews, approves, and conducts performance appraisals; directs and participates in the selection, training, and development of staff; administers employment contracts; orients and informs staff of District/Division policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
To start the application processes click "apply" and set up your profile.