| ||Account Executive I works with clients, sales reps, regional directors, and others to provide excellent customer service and local claims help. Assists with major account presentations, negotiations, and ongoing partnership requirements while supporting the activities of the sales team. |
1. Make office visits on pre-determined schedule to maintain visibility and strengthen existing relationships within territory.
2. Territory management to include training presentations, sales meetings, lunch & learns, and other similar events.
3. Make personal contact with the agents in the office and the managers or brokers.
4. Responsible for maintaining inventory of marketing supplies and warranty brochures for all offices.
5. Document and resolve claim dispute issues expediently and knowledgeably.
6. Keep appropriate territory manager and regional director informed of key issues.
7. Demonstrate a mastery of business unit programs and services. Demonstrate knowledge of competitor's products and services and know who the field reps are and the key points of difference.
8. Identify new business opportunities and communicate to appropriate territory manager/regional director.
1. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Gmail, net software, Microsoft Office Suite, Virtus, OWN, Francis, and typing of 30 WPM or passing a keyboarding class.
2. Completion of the business unit's current training program; Completion of the Toastmaster Program preferred
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.