| ||Prospects for new customers via phone, interactively (via KLPZ, Sales Genie) and in-person within relevant industries to present and close on commercial pest control services and products. Creates new business at the local and regional levels, and follows up with customers after the sale to ensure satisfaction, increase existing business and obtain referrals. Collaborates with internal departments to deliver solutions and provide quality service to new and existing customers. |
1. Prospects for new customers via phone interactively through tip groups, networking, cross- selling and referrals, and by canvassing for large potential customers in industries such as food grade, food processing, distribution/logistics, healthcare, manufacturing, and companies with multiple physical locations.
2. Presents commercial pest control services and products to potential customers through in- person presentations and electronic communications.
3. Creates new business at the local and regional and national levels through creative calls, leads, prospecting, networking, cross-selling and referrals.
4. Follows up with customers after the sale to ensure satisfaction of service and products and to obtain referrals for new business.
5. Collaborates with the National Accounts department to deliver solutions to multi-unit locations assigned as contract leads.
6. Works with Branch Managers, Sales Managers, Service Managers, Region Managers and service professionals to ensure quality service delivery to new and existing customers; assists in resolving customer issues.
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent
2. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
3. Two or more years experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales; proven sales history with increasing sales amounts year after year
4. Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, presentation skills, gaining commitment, negotiation)
5. Skill in taking independent action and being a self-starter
6. Skill in written and verbal communication
7. Ability to build customer relationships and provide appropriate levels of customer service
8. Business acumen and the ability to calculate numbers and amounts
9. Skill with Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
10. Skill in adapting to new company software and using the internet to research target industries and specific businesses
11. Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.