Resolves complex payroll issues regarding policies and procedures with minimal supervision. Provides expertise and coaching to other team members as well as to business HR managers regarding exceptions and special circumstances. Evaluates processes for improvement. Participates in department projects. Serves as liason to operational and functional departments.
1. Serves as expert for complex problem solving and resolves customer issues through research and proper application of concepts.
2. Responsible for ensuring off-cycle requests are processed correctly and timely. Researches reasons for process failure, if needed.
3. Responsible for receiving, researching, responding and payment of complex payroll processes such as but not limited to the recovery of overpayments, of ESPP deductions, severance processing, final pay in CA and HI, etc.
4. Responsible for correction of integration errors caused by GL code discrepancies.
5. Monitors open tickets in the system and follows up on overdue tasks.
6. Works with business process improvement analysts to create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for processes.
7. Ensures compliance with SOX controls.
8. Responsible for knowing applicable payroll laws and regulations.
9. Participates in and coordinates projects within the department.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4+ years of related work experience in Payroll
2. Prior experience with Workday preferred
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality
4. Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel Accuracy and attention to detail
5. Strong time management skills and strong organizational skills and deductive reasoning skills
6. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
7. Integrity/High Standards
8. Ability to effectively solve problems
9. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
10. Ability to analyze data in order to identify trends
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning
Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking,
pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at
an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual
speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the
Incumbent is required to have:
Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as
visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as
preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
At Terminix®, our people bring tremendous pride and integrity to everything we do. In turn, we provide a working environment where these skilled professionals can achieve true satisfaction in their own lives.
We are proud to offer our exceptional associates competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and outstanding opportunities for professional development. If you're committed to providi...ng the highest level of customer service, we have an ideal opportunity for you. In this position, you will apply company product to customers’ structures according to schedule and as needed based on service requests.
At Terminix, people come for a job and stay for a career. As a Terminix associate, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity for the professional growth and respect that comes from working for an industry leader. Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). We perform criminal background checks, motor vehicle record checks and drug screening.