| Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information. |
Our Research teams provide unique ideas to sophisticated global investors to help them drive the outperformance of their portfolios.
Believing in independence, quality and long-term relationship development, we offer proprietary products, differentiated market analysis and actionable investment ideas across Research disciplines, asset classes and geographies.
Overall purpose of role:
Key specific accountabilities
- Working within the Asia FX/Rates Strategy Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing Research analysis of FX and Rates markets across EM Asia, Japan, New Zealand and Australia.
- In the short - medium term, the role will place greater emphasis on quantitative analysis and the candidate will be a key resource (alongside other quantitative analysts in other centres) in developing the Global FX and EM Macro strategy team's quantitative framework.
- In addition to supporting the local FX/Rates strategy team, the candidate will need to collaborate with the EM Asia Economics Team, as well as assist our global Strategists in model development, implementation and maintenance.
Stakeholder management and leadership
- Build and maintain a range of economic and financial spreadsheets, and models examining Global foreign exchange, and rates in particular in EM Asia, Japan, New Zealand and Australia .
- Support the Global FX and EM Macro Strategy team in developing a suite of tools to provide, develop and enhance a strong quantitative framework for the analysis of Global FX and EM local rates.
Decision making and problem solving
- Assist the team in the preparation of Research publications
- Draft responses to Client questions and requests for analysis
- Assist in preparation of marketing presentations for Client meetings
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Help improve the quality and frequency of analysis of FX and rates views/strategies by providing accurate and timely information and analysis
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Strong academic background, with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- While the role is being advertised at a VP level, more junior candidates with high potential will also be considered
- Knowledge of financial products, particularly surrounding Asia local rates markets, FX spot, forward/swaps, and FX options
- Solid understanding of applied economics and time series econometrics including proficiency in econometrics packages such as R, SAS, Matlab and/or Eviews.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- A proven track record of working in a team environment
- Knowledge of a local language and sell-side experience is considered a plus
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.*
This role will require the role holder to hold mandatory registrations with:
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and/or the Singapore Exchange Singapore (SGX) Markets
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .