The various AIS (Alternative Income Solutions) teams' key objectives are to meet the investment requirements of their different fund strategies/mandates in terms of volume, return and risk appetite and to protect the value of the existing book to minimise losses wherever possible
- Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing operation of the business' credit risk requirements in order to meet business, Fund and regulatory requirements.
- Engage proactively with Infrastructure/ Real Estate Finance/ Structured Finance/ Corporate Loans Investment and Asset Management colleagues to help structure new transactions and actively monitor existing deals.
- Work collaboratively with other Credit colleagues.
- Review and challenges credit and financial information provided as part of the deal assessment and credit application process.
- Produce specific credit risk reports to support new business applications and annual reviews, including forward-looking insight and analysis derived from trends observed in the data and other exposure analysis.
- Undertake the collation, aggregation, analysis and reporting of credit risk information from acquisition, through performing account management (sectorial, geographic concentrations analysis, borrower risk profile), through emerging risk (rating migration analysis, early delinquency profiles) to re-structuring.
- Support the Portfolio Risk Management function in the performance of sector analysis.
- Review and maintains the credit rating framework.
- Review and confirms transaction ratings proposed by the origination team
- Ensure actions are in accordance with AI Risk and Governance framework.
- Ensure controllership framework is managed effectively.
- Actual and potential loss events are logged and actioned in accordance with AIS policy
- Make efficient and effective allocation of resource across Investment & AM teams to ensure priority targets are met
Key Performance Indicators
- Evidence of challenge and promotion of risk appetite and credit policies
- Delivery of improved and efficient credit risk policies, procedures and processes
- Evidence that risk considerations are embedded into decision making
- Evidence of positive stakeholder feedback on quality of analysis / insight/ credit opinions written
- Quality of technical support
- Value added to the business
- Personal impact
- Effective risk management and control, facilitating timely identification and management of issues identified and implementation of regulatory reporting compliance requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of control weaknesses in own area and implement effective plans to address
- All material events escalated in accordance with agreed standards
- Evidence of ongoing self-development
- Effective team building
- Internal / external networking
- Provision of technical support and advice to colleagues
- Business degree / Investment Management Certificate / Relevant post-graduate qualification
- An experienced real estate credit analyst with an awareness of commercial and financial matters including the principles of good lending practice.
- A thorough understanding of related credit risk strategies, products, risk profiles and regulatory requirements.
- A high level of proficiency in mathematical concepts and accounting principles and techniques.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and adapt to best use resources.
- Proven ability to build and manage strong relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decisive, determined and willing to challenge staff at all levels on key business issues.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and report writing skills.
- Appropriate credit risk experience.
- Solution driven and ability to propose / consider suitable risk mitigation to facilitate business
- Specific experience of developing and operating quantitative and qualitative risk rating methodologies.
- Understanding of enterprise risk management concepts
- Good knowledge of loan documentation, legal concepts and debt restructuring concepts.
- The ability to apply conceptual thinking to identify and resolve critical issues.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, working collaboratively towards the business vision and goals
- The ability to manage and engage in meetings, both internal and external.
- Knowledge of Solvency II requirements and in particular the management of credit risk for insurance forms
About Aviva Investors:
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion:
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.