Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
An opportunity has become available to join our Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) Real Estate team in Singapore. As the successful candidate you will possess real estate industry experience and a strong related accounting background.
- Support the Client Relationship manager with the overall client communication.
- Manage and maintain day-to-day communications with the clients.
- Manage communications with investment professionals, other client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, property managers etc.
- Engage in the thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of partnership allocations and distribution waterfalls.
- Adhere to State Street Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) strict internal control procedures.
- Support the Client Relationship Manager with quality of services to ensure monthly and quarterly client deliverables are met.
- Coordinate and manage annual audit and tax process for clients.
- Coordinate the receipt and timing of property level data.
- Display ability to perform variance analysis to explain significant movements from period to period.
- Undertake full review of calculation on Limited Partner capital calls and distributions.
- Undertake full review of accounting work paper packages, fees calculations, financial statements and other reports and communications to Limited Partners.
- Demonstrate good management skills and the ability to work well with others, individually and within a group.
- Assist with development and implementation of training all levels of accounting staff.
- New business/client onboarding.
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in
- Consolidation and cash flow statements preparation
- Drafting and reviewing audited financial statements
- Experience in the real estate alternative asset industry such as property development or within a management company is preferred.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CPA) with strong knowledge of accounting policies including IFRS and US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to take up challenges in new areas
- Strong people management skills
- Flexibility to "think outside the box" and embrace different work methodologies
- Project management, client service and technology related skills
- Advanced MS Excel and Word capabilities
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Team player with a proactive and positive approach to work
This is an opportunity to join a global leader organisation in financial services providing services to some of the world's most sophisticated institutions.