| Company Description: |
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across four continents. For more information, please visit williamblair.com .
About the Team:
William Blair's Financial Sponsors Group is focused on developing and institutionalizing relationships with leading private equity firms around the world. Many of these relationships have been developed for over two decades providing us with senior-level access and credibility with the key decision-makers at each private equity firm. With over 250 successful sales to financial sponsors since 2012, we have proprietary insights into each financial sponsor's unique investment criteria, approach and behavior. Our team's highly-relevant experience with and relevance to the private equity community uniquely positions William Blair to deliver exceptional results for our M&A sell-side clients.
Since 2012, William Blair has completed over 270 sell-side transactions on behalf of financial sponsors and has raised over $80B of equity and debt on behalf of sponsor-backed companies.
William Blair's culture is unique in the investment banking industry. While the work is rigorous and demands a high level of commitment, the firm maintains an open, cooperative and collegial atmosphere. Analysts at William Blair & Company generally have Bachelor's degrees and can demonstrate strong evidence of academic and professional achievement in previous endeavors. We look for candidates who are effective at working in a team environment, and who are interested in a long-term career with William Blair.
William Blair's Financial Sponsors Group is seeking an experienced Investment Banking Director to join our fast growing team. The Director will be based in our New York office.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and institutionalize relationships with private equity firms and their key decision makers.
- Maintain a regular dialogue with private equity firms to present William Blair's expertise and credentials.
- Understand each covered private equity firm's unique investment criteria, approach and behavior.
- Prepare and present financial buyer insights in pitch presentations and M&A sell-side processes.
- Introduce William Blair's highly-relevant deal flow as acquisition ideas to private equity firms.
- Identify high-quality M&A, leveraged finance and ECM prospects within private equity clients' portfolio.
- Partner with sector coverage and product bankers to prospect, pitch and execute transactions on behalf of private equity firms and their portfolio companies.
- Leverage vast relationship network to connect and heavily influence positive outcomes.
- Be the go-to advisor-of-choice for each private equity relationship.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA from top-tiered business school preferred.
- Prior work experience in Investment Banking required, preferably in Financial Sponsors Coverage and/or Leveraged Finance.
- Series 79 and 63 licenses required within 90 days of hire.
- Clear, effective oral and written communication skills.
- Client management experience.
- Positive and self-motivated.
- Able to provide direction and leadership in order to build a strong team environment.
- Ability to manage expectations of senior bankers, other deal team members and clients while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Committed to satisfying internal and external customers.
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.