As part of its mission, the IIC supports private sector and non-sovereign guaranteed (NSG) operations through financing in the form of loans, equity investments, and guarantees. The IIC also partners with clients to provide advisory and training services. In January 2016, the IDB Group consolidated its NSG operations in the IIC to better serve the region, clients and partners, and to maximize its development impact.
The candidate will be part of the financial planning, policy, and budget team, in the Finance and Administration Department of the IIC, playing a key role in the development and maintenance of the IIC's strategic financial planning framework. The candidate will be responsible for team's data management knowledge, including coding data connections in different environments (e.g. SQL, DAX, MATLAB), coordinate collection and dissemination of information among different departments, and create and maintain a financial planning and budget portal. In addition, it is expected intelligence assessments of assumptions and results of financial and budget planning items to be conducted on a periodic basis. Strong quantitative background and track record in the financial planning of similar institutions complete the profile. The candidate will be expected to take leadership roles in complex projects that involve coordination with multiple departments and Institutions. Ideal fit for the position includes strong communication skills, team spirit, intellectual curiosity, adaptability, and strong desire to be part of the evolution of the Corporation into a large MDB.
- Lead Data Integration from Different Systems and Databases into IIC financial and budget models
- Development, Maintenance, Communication of Creative Business Intelligence Data Portals and Knowledge/Business Intelligence Sites
- Support Senior Financial Officers on Model Development, Documentation, and Validation
- Conduct Model Data Updates
- Participate in the design and execution of cutting edge financial tools to support to the decision-making process of the Institution
- Support the draft and review of technical financial planning papers and presentations
- Participates in Internal Financial Quantitative Discussion Group
- Support the Creation of, and executes Policy Compliance Reports
- Periodic Support to Cost Structure Analysis
- Contribute to the formulation and monitoring of financial policies, including analytics and benchmarking with other MDBs.
- Develop and contribute for ad-hoc financial planning analysis for Senior Management and Board decision-making process.
- Support to the creation of the financial analytical framework of the Corporation in close coordination with Strategy and Risk Management Departments
- Coordinate/Support work of Consulting Firms in different areas of financial planning and budget expertise
- Support Creation of Policy Compliance Reports Support Financial Planning of Trust Funds
Education: Master's degree or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or a related quantitative discipline.
Experience: [i] Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of financial policies and models; experience in Multilateral Development Banks is a plus; [ii] demonstrated ability work/coordinate multi department teams; [iii] experience drafting high quality documents for the consideration of senior management and the board and engaging senior decision-makers on complex finance issues; [iv] experience with Credit Rating Agencies including getting the data needed for rating evaluation cycles.
Languages: Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Portuguese or French is a plus.
The IIC offers a competitive benefits & compensation package.
Applications will be received in response to
The IIC is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.