As part of its mission, the IIC supports private sector and non-sovereign guaranteed (NSG) operations through financing in the form of loans, equity investments, and guarantees. The IIC also partners with clients to provide advisory and training services. In January 2016, the IDB Group consolidated its NSG operations in the IIC to better serve the region, clients and partners, and to maximize its development impact.
The candidate will be part of the financial planning, policy, and budget team, in the Finance and Administration Department the IIC, playing a key role in the development and maintenance of the IIC's strategic financial planning and budget framework. The candidate will have a senior role in the financial modeling activities of the Financial Planning and Budget Team. The position will require expert understanding of modeling software, techniques and tools, data management, and how to deploy and support tools and calculators. Knowledge of Matlab and PowerBi are preferable. Understanding and experience of financial and risk management modeling in the Multilateral Sector intended to support policy development, planning, and decision making in the is required. Team spirit, intellectual curiosity, adaptability, and strong desire to be part of the Inter-American Investment Corporation.
- Support the definition of strategies and standards for developing and executing analytical tools and models, selecting the most appropriate techniques to improve outputs and close coordination with Strategy and Risk Management Departments
- Support the development of the long-term financial projection models of the Corporation
- Coordinate overall financial models and tools updates, documentation, and validation
- Leads and advises on the development and implementation of analytical tools and models for strengthening the IIC's capability for quantitative analysis, including models to simulate rating agencies criteria
- Draft and review technical financial planning papers and presentations
- Provide support to the work of junior staff in carrying out modeling tasks
- Support the development of financial and risk policies from a quantitative stand point
- Coordinate Internal Financial Quantitative Discussion Group
- Support Data Integration from Different Systems and Databases
- Support Knowledge Sharing with all stakeholders and continue improvement based on market advancements
- Support development of cost structure evaluation models
Education: Master's degree or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or a related quantitative discipline.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of financial policies and models; experience in Multilateral Development Banks is a plus; [ii] demonstrated ability work/coordinate multi department teams; [iii] experience drafting high quality documents for the consideration of senior management and the board and engaging senior decision-makers on complex finance issues; [iv] experience with Credit Rating Agencies including getting the data needed for rating evaluation cycles.
Languages: Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Portuguese or French is a plus.
The IIC offers a competitive benefits & compensation package.
Applications will be received in response to
The IIC is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.