- Responsible for the daily implementation of EHS programs including asbestos, waste water, SPCC and Storage Tank compliance management programs for the University.
- Develops compliance program requirements and documentation, measurement criteria and program metrics to assess program performance.
- Designated as EHS Liaison for Harvard schools/departments to provide EHS services and assist schools/departments with their local implementation/maintenance of EH&S programs. Must maintain competence in variety of EHS programs to address multiple EHS issues at schools/departments.
- Assists with implementation of Harvard's Title V air quality compliance program. Manages emission source inventories, and assists with regulatory submittals.
- Supports the facilities operators and waste water program through inspections, O&M manual updates and training, development of job hazard analysis, staffing plans, and technical support during system upgrades or renovations.
- Responds to, investigates, and implements corrective actions related to waste water permit violations and related events. Reviews, evaluates, and proactively addresses potential waste water trends.
- Develops and maintains environmental databases, compliance plans, procedures, factsheets and other documentation. Designs processes and tools for clients to access Web-based EH&S resources.
- Assists with the development of site-specific environmental management programs, documentation, technical specifications and audit programs for University clients.
- Communicates regulatory impacts to personnel in the University community via direct training programs, direct consultations, webpage documentation, compliance summaries, factsheets and other means.
- Delivers field-related, non-routine support activities including emergency response, inspections/assessments, data gathering/verification, hazard assessments, job safety assessments and field IH/safety monitoring. Conducts investigations and analyses of problem areas, develops corrective action plans for review.
- Develops compliance documentation, reports and EHSEM management system tools including computer based tools, compliance calendars, roles/responsibility matrices, etc.
- Supports the Facilities Safety Committee initiatives providing presentations on EHSEM programs or other support, as needed.
- Assists designated schools/departments with committee projects/initiatives. Participates with various EHS projects and teams, as needed.
- Assists with implementation of accident prevention and medical surveillance programs. Investigates accidents and near miss incidents. Compiles all accident records and statistics for management.
- Assists in the development, delivery and maintenance of training programs, records, databases, and other documentation.
This position provides technical and operational support for the University's EH&S programs to minimize risks and ensure compliance with EH&S laws and regulations. Primary responsibilities include the development and implementation of environmental compliance programs including air quality, waste water, stormwater, NPDES, SPCC, and asbestos. Also provides EH&S compliance support for schools/departments. Strong expertise in environmental permitting, regulatory requirements and program management is required. Assists with permit renewals (e.g. wastewater, NPDES), procedures, program metrics, compliance reports training programs, audit tools and customer reports. Leads the development and implementation of facility-specific environmental management programs. Conducts periodic training for management and staff. Participates in cross-functional project teams to provide EH&S services to University customers. Responds to emergencies and participates in 24-hour rotational on-call program.
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary