| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Cardiovascular Surgery Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
The Resource Specialist in Cardiovascular Surgery will be responsible for:
- Functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary team to support patients and their families in addressing non-clinical needs that directly impact their health and well-being.
- Working alongside medical providers, social workers, nurses, and other staff to ensure critical patient needs including stable housing, nutrition, transportation, and other concrete resources. This position combines direct work with patients/families, and administrative support in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Understanding and accessing community based resources and supports to assist patients/families.
- Maintaining detailed record keeping of various resources.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree (preferred) or an Associate's degree in Human Services or related field, and two to three years of previous related experience.
- The analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to patient/family needs accordingly.
- Fluency in Spanish, a plus.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Cardiovascular Surgery
Standard Hours Per Week: 40