The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years professional development experience for the development officer position or five years of professional development experience for the senior development officer position, with demonstrated ability to promote and successfully solicit major gifts; or related experience in marketing, sales, public relations or related field with emphasis on relationship cultivation of individuals/businesses.
- Both positions require demonstrated ability to promote and successfully solicit major gifts and principal gifts; or related experience in marketing, sales, financial advising, public relations or related field with emphasis on relationship cultivation of individuals/businesses of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a strong sense of urgency coupled with demonstrated success in management of multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated success in working independently but also collaboratively in a diverse team setting. Ability to act as a leader, participant and facilitator in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and analyze alternative solutions and make recommendations; strategic thinker with ability to translate to operational objectives; ability to manage multiple priorities and exercise authority to meet goals.
- Solid relationship-building skills with a diverse constituency of individuals such as donors, faculty, strategic partners, volunteers and Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) staff. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with groups across large organizations.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of the role of Intercollegiate athletics in higher education.
- Strong commitment to a major, land-grant/research university in an urban environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and database familiarity.
- Advanced degree.
- Three years or more experience in direct individual major gift solicitations of $100,000 or more.
- Professional development experience in higher education; demonstrated experience in donor/prospect cultivation and solicitation process for a diverse group of benefactors, including use of volunteers.
- Knowledge of planned giving programs.
- Campaign experience.