The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Identity Management Systems Analyst position within the Information Technology Services Department.
This position serves as the application owner for St. Thomas's Identity Management systems. The person in this role is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and customizing the university's Identity Management (IDM) solutions at an enterprise level. This position is also responsible for developing enterprise-level integrations between the identity management system(s) and legacy, current, and potentially outsourced services.
The Identity Management System Analyst plays a critical role within the Information Security & Risk Management unit of Information Technology Services (ITS) as identity and access management are an essential function in the overall university security program. Identity, access, and role management in a university environment can be extremely complicated. It is imperative that we maintain effective systems to track those relationships and provide secure, user-friendly access to only authorized users regardless of the university system involved or its hosting model.
1. Proactively set-up and maintain UST's Identity Management Systems
- Determine and design technical approach for the Identity Management (IDM) systems at the university.
- Lead technical projects and efforts for the IDM system(s) and the system interfaces to and from these systems.
- Provide subject matter expert technical knowledge in decision making for solutions that best meet the customer's need at UST.
- Provide recommendations on how to improve departmental standards and processes related to identity and access; ensure that UST and ITS policies and processes are followed.
- Establish and maintain effective documentation related to identity and access systems and processes.
2. Support Identity and Access related issues and incidents
- Resolve 3rd tier identity & access related incident tickets.
- Serve as a resource for ITS staff working on 1st & 2nd tier identity and access related incident tickets.
- Serve as the Identity and Access subject matter expert on ITS incident and problem response efforts.
- Providing scripting to enable automation of IT operations functions
- Help IT managers document IT operations processes, systems, and data flows
3. Leadership of a one or more team(s) or project(s) as assigned. Participate in and contribute to the various other team and/or project efforts undertaken by ITS as assigned.
4. Work with application vendors, application service providers, other St. Thomas departments and others to support the central systems and applications. Ensure that vendor specifications are compatible with the St. Thomas' identity and access infrastructure.
5. Remain current with and use ITS procedures including the division's ITSM (ticketing) system, ITS Communication guidelines, and all other ITS policies and procedures, as well as related technology trends and other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.